Advertisement

Residents evacuated after gas main fire

Local residents have been forced to leave their homes after a fire broke out on Reading Road in Farnborough at around 3am this morning. The cause of the fire is thought to be linked to a gas main.

View all 4 updates ›

Residents evacuated to nearby hall after gas main fire

Credit: Hampshire Fire & Rescue

Around 50 people have been forced to leave their homes this morning after a fire broke out on Reading Road in Farnborough.

Fire crews were called at around 3am and began evacuating residents to nearby St Mark's Village Hall for their safety.

Reading Road is currently closed.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service is currently advising residents to only evacuate if instructed to by crew members.

Credit: Hampshire Fire & Rescue

More top news