Live updates

Pellegrini: 'Arnautovic won't refuse to play for West Ham'

Arnautovic appeared to wave goodbye to the fans after being substituted at the weekend. Credit: PA

West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini is confident wantaway striker Marko Arnautovic will not follow Dimitri Payet's lead and go on strike.

Arnautovic wants to quit West Ham for a big-money move to China with Shanghai SIPG believed to be offering to almost treble his wages.

Two seasons ago France midfielder Payet, another fans' favourite at the London Stadium, refused to play until he got a move back to his former club Marseille.

Pellegrini says he does not blame Arnautovic for having his head turned but is convinced the Austrian forward will continue to do his best for the team, even if the move does not come off.

"Marko is working with the team without any problem," said Pellegrini.

"When you have such a high offer, everyone wants to leave but he has a contract here and we will know what will happen about it in the coming days.

"Of course you can't blame him, he knows what is the best option for him and now we will see what happens between the clubs.

"I don't think that the player will refuse to play."

Arnautovic appeared to wave goodbye to the fans when he was substituted during West Ham's home win over Arsenal last weekend, but as things stand he will be in the squad which travels to Bournemouth on Saturday.

Advertisement

New Zealand prop Toomaga-Allen to join Wasps

Toomaga-Allen will join Wasps from the Hurricanes Credit: PA

Wasps have signed New Zealand international prop Jeff Toomaga-Allen.

The Gallagher Premiership club said that Toomaga-Allen will join them from Super Rugby side the Hurricanes this summer.

He follows his fellow All Black - centre Malakai Fekitoa - to the Ricoh Arena after Wasps confirmed his signing from Toulon on Wednesday.

Toomaga-Allen was capped against Japan in 2013, and he was also a member of New Zealand's Rugby Championship squad four years later.

Wasps rugby director Dai Young said: "To bring someone of Jeff's calibre to the club is fantastic news.

"Jeff is a solid scrummager, while also being strong in defence. And like most New Zealanders, he is gifted with ball in hand, so he's a terrific all-round player.

"We are looking forward to him joining us next season, as he will provide a real wealth of experience to the front-row."

Former Man Utd striker Rossi loving reunion with Old Trafford club

Rossi is training with Man Utd. Credit: PA

Giuseppe Rossi is back with the Manchester United family and looking to make up for lost time as the free agent steps up his search for a new club.

Raised in the United States and reared in United's academy, the Italy international is back in the north west sharpening his finishing and fitness after a period punctuated by injury problems.

Rossi came through the club's fabled youth system and became one of the continent's brightest strikers, leaving Old Trafford for Villarreal in 2007 before a string of serious knee injuries threw things off kilter - setbacks that have failed to dim his hunger and positivity.

A free agent since leaving Genoa in the summer, the 31-year-old last week hotfooted it from his New Jersey base to Carrington as soon as the invitation came in from former team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to train with United's first team and aid his search for a new home.

"This just shows you how much of a family Manchester United is," Rossi told Press Association Sport. "They have always taken care of their players.

"It's a real privilege to have this opportunity and be given this opportunity. It feels really good.

"When I heard about this opportunity it just brought so much joy.

"It's great to be playing with these exceptional players that I've been training with. It's helping me stay fit and stay sharp because if you're not sharp they'll definitely be on you.

"I make sure that I'm doing the best I can to better myself but also to help the team do the right things in training."

Advertisement

Mousa Dembele departs Tottenham for Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F

Mousa Dembele has left Tottenham Credit: PA

Tottenham have agreed to sell Mousa Dembele to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old Belgium midfielder, who would have been out of contract in the summer, has signed a three-year deal, according to his new club.

Dembele joined Spurs from Fulham in 2012 and made 250 appearances, but had not played since November 3 due to an ankle injury.

A Spurs statement read: "We have reached agreement with Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F for the transfer of Mousa Dembele, subject to international clearance.

"We wish Mousa all the best for the future."

Dembele, who was a part of the Belgium squad that finished third at the World Cup, arrived in England with Fulham in 2010 after joining from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar.

After seven goals in 74 games for the Cottagers, he joined Spurs for £15million.

Dembele struck 10 times for Tottenham, with his last goal coming in a 4-0 win against Bournemouth in 2017, and he played a key role in their rise under boss Mauricio Pochettino.

The midfielder said in an interview shown on Spurs' Twitter account: "I've always had a good experience here. I go away with an unbelievable feeling and with a certain love for the club.

"You always want this, because you have a long period at a club, you have a lot of love for the club but sometimes you separate in a bad way and I don't feel that way.

"Even the reaction I've had from the supporters, everyone is positive with me. They've wished me a lot of luck and happiness. The club is part of my family now."

Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen said: "You have to ask the players who have played against Mousa or with Mousa to get the appreciation he deserves.

"Sometimes it made me angry a bit that people talked about the best midfielders in the Premier League and haven't named Mousa, but I feel like he got that appreciation over the last two years."

Load more updates