- 128 updates
Asked if he was pleased about the verdict in the fraud trial of Nigella Lawson's former assistants, David Cameron has told journalists: "I've probably said enough about this, so I'll take the 5th."
The judge in the trial told jurors to ignore his comments from an interview with the Spectator magazine in which he confirmed he was on "Team Nigella" - the name of a campaign started by the TV cook's fans.
Judge Robin Johnson said: "It is of regret when people in public office comment about a person who is involved in a trial which is in progress."
Richard Cannon, a lawyer for the Grillo sister's said: "My clients are naturally relieved at the verdict of the jury. This has been a long hard fight, played out in the gaze of the world's media.
"Elisabetta and Francesca would like to thank their friends and relatives for their love and support. Additionally they'd like to thank those members of the public who've expressed their best wishes. Finally they have asked me to thank their legal team for all their hard work."
One of Nigella Lawson's former assistants has told a Sky News reporter she is "extremely happy and pleased" at being cleared of fraud:
Francesca Grillo's defence counsel, Karina Arden, said:
The Grillo sisters were shaking in a room near the court as I asw their solicitor break the news: "not guilty, both of you".
"Oh my God", was their reply.
Sisters Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo have been found not guilty of defrauding former employers Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi after a trial at Isleworth Crown Court in west London.
The judge in the trial of the Francesca and Elisabetha Grilla, former aides of Nigella Lawson and her ex-husband Charles Saatchi, has instructed the jury he will accept a majority verdict.
This means ten members of the jury must agree on whether the pair are guilty or innocent of one charge of fraud. The pair have denied the charge.
The jury in the trial of Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo have been called back into Isleworth Crown Court.
Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo were mobbed by photographers as they arrived at Isleworth Crown Court this morning.
The pair are alleged to have used company credit cards from their employers Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi to spend £685,000 on themselves.
The jury of seven men and five women were sent out yesterday morning after a three-week trial at Isleworth Crown Court in west London.
The Grillos, of Kensington Gardens Square, Bayswater, west London, each deny a single count of committing fraud by using a company credit card for personal gain between January 1 2008, and December 31 last year.
The jury in the trial of two sisters accused of defrauding Nigella Lawson and her former husband Charles Saatchi has been sent out to consider its verdicts.
Francesca Grillo, 35, and her sister Elisabetta, 41, are alleged to have spent £685,000 on credit cards belonging to the TV cook and her art dealer ex-husband.
The Grillo sisters each deny a single count of committing fraud by using a company credit card for personal gain between January 1, 2008, and December 31 last year.
Latest ITV News reports
Celebrity cook Nigella Lawson said she was "disappointed but unsurprised" after her two former personal assistants were cleared of fraud.
The revelations that emerged in the fraud trial of two former aides to Nigella Lawson are unlikely to damage the TV chef's meteoric career.