- 56 updates
Tunisia's prime minister has sacked five leading security officials days after three gunmen attacked a Tunis museum, killing 21 people.
The ousted employees include the director of Tunisia's tourist police and the police chief for the neighbourhood around the National Bardo Museum, government spokesman Mufdi Mseddi said.
The decision was made after the prime minister, Habib Essid, visited the attack site and noted security problems, the spokesman said.
President Beji Caid Essebsi had also criticised security failings around last week's attack.
Tunisia's president has confirmed reports that there was a third gunman involved in the Tunis museum attack that killed 23 people last week.
President Beji Caid Essebsi said that the third attacker was on the run but insisted he "won't get far".
CCTV footage of the attack showed two gunman at the museum who were killed during the battle with security forces but Essebsi said another suspect had also been caught on camera.
"For sure there were three because they have been identified and filmed on surveillance cameras," Essebsi said in a televised interview with Europe 1 radio, iTELE and Le Monde newspaper.
"There are two who were executed and one who is on the run somewhere. But in any case, he won't get far," he added.
The president also said on French TV that a monument would be built to commemorate the dead.
More than 20 suspected militants have been arrested as part of a security crackdown carried out by Tunisian authorities since Wednesday's museum massacre.
According to reports 10 of those arrested are believed to have been directly involved in the the Bardo museum attack in which 23 people died.
Tunisia's Interior Ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui said the arrests were part of "a large-scale campaign against the extremists."
CCTV footage showing the two men behind Wednesday's deadly gun attack on a museum in Tunisia walking through the popular tourist attraction before firing their weapons has emerged.
The security camera footage, released today, shows the men calmly walking through the National Bardo museum, carrying assault rifles and bags moments before the massacre began.
One of the attackers is seen walking past the cameras wearing a baseball cap and a heavy jacket, while the other is dressed in a red hoodie and tracksuit pants. Stills of the gunmen, lying on the ground after being shot by security forces, indicate that at least one was wearing an explosive belt.
Both gunmen shown in the video were killed in a firefight with security forces.
Gunmen who attacked a museum in Tunisia killing 23 people were trained in Libya, a security official has told the AFP news agency.
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos offered his condolences to the families of the two Colombian victims of the deadly Tunisia museum attack.
Santos said he had spoken to General Jose Arturo Camelo, whose wife and son were killed in the attack.
Santos recalled what General Camelo had told him, saying:
Tunisia's army have taken to the streets as security is ramped up following the deadly attack on the national museum in Tunis.
New Editor Jonathan Wald reports from Tunis:
The funeral was held today for anti-terror officer Aymen Morjan, who was gunned down in yesterday's terror attack on Tunisia's national museum.
Meanwhile the country's interior minister promised to "eradicate" the people responsible for the massacre of 23 people.
ITV News Correspondent Paul Davies reports:
Across Tunis' main hospitals, the grim work of tending to the dead and injured continued today.
As the minister of health paid his respects, he said the country remained "defiant" about surviving yesterday's terror attack.
ITV's International Affairs Editor Rageh Omaar reports from Tunisia:
Latest ITV News reports
A cruise ship passenger on a stopover in Tunisia has told ITV News how his wife was shot dead at his side in the country's museum attack.
A woman who was shot by terrorists in Tunisia's museum attack says she smeared herself with victims' blood and played dead to survive.