- 99 updates
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refused to comment when asked about the vote on extending airstrikes to target IS in Syria.
Leaving his home this morning, Corbyn avoided questions from reporters who asked what his response was to the vote being approved.
British fighter jets began airstrikes in Syria just hours after MPs voted to approve military action in the war-torn country on Wednesday night.
French president Francois Hollande has welcomed the first British airstrikes targeting IS in Syria, the Elysee Palace said in a statement.
Hilary Benn today said his thoughts are with the "brave men and women of the RAF" after being praised for his Commons speech calling on Labour to back extending military action against IS in Syria.
Speaking outside his home, the shadow foreign secretary refused to comment on the praise he had received for Wednesday night's speech, which Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said would "go down as one of the truly great speeches made in this House of Commons".
The Ministry of Defence has said its initial analysis of the first RAF raids in Syria "indicates that the strikes were successful".
Six extra Typhoon jets are en route to RAF Akrotiri, the Defence Minister confirmed.
The jets took off from RAF Lossiemouth as Michael Fallon announced he was doubling the strike force against IS in Syria.
Two more Tornado jets are also being sent to the UK RAF base in Cyprus after MPs voted to approve military action targeting IS in Syria.
The Defence Secretary has confirmed six Typhoons and two Tornados are being sent to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus.
Michael Fallon said he was doubling the strike force which will target IS in Syria.
An RAF captain has said he is "absolutely confident" that there will be no civilian casualties as air strikes were launched over Syria.
Captain Richard Davies, of RAF Marham, told the BBC no civilian casualties had been reported in Iraq where the RAF has carried out more than 400 airstrikes.
Six extra RAF jets are en route to Akrotiri in Cyprus, Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has confirmed.
Shadow chancellor John McDonnell said he feared innocent lives would now be lost now the Government had expanded airstrikes on Syria.
McDonnell, who voted against the strikes, told BBC Radio 4's Today: "Parliament has now made a decision and my view now is we wish our military, our pilots, safe home and we pray and hope that innocent lives will not be lost. I fear that they will.
"I didn't support the bombing of Iraq and I don't believe bombing is the right answer, but we are now engaged in war and I wish our pilots safe home.
"I am hoping now we can come to a resolution so we can move beyond the military and arrive at a political solution."
The first British airstrikes targeting oil wells in eastern Syria were successful and deal a "real blow" to the financing of IS, the Defence Minister has said.
Michael Fallon told Good Morning Britain cutting off the terror group's source of revenue was important to begin undermining their operations in north east Syria.
Asked about the Prime Minister's repeated refusal to apologise for calling those who opposed the airstrikes "terrorist sympathisers", Mr Fallon said he was not going to comment on a phrase "that may or may not have been used in a private meeting which I wasn't at."
"What he did make clear at the beginning of the debate was that it was perfectly honorable to vote for and against (the airstrikes)," Mr Fallon added.
Latest ITV News reports
The shadow chancellor warned it could foster another generation of militants determined to commit a Paris-style terror attack.
The Defence Secretary has warned the RAF that the fight against Islamic State will not be short or simple.