- 189 updates
Belgian prosecutors confirmed they had released a man called Faycal C today after he was initially charged with "participation in a terrorist group" and "terrorist killings" in connection with the Brussels attacks.
According to ITV News correspondent Emma Murphy the release is "very significant" as he was the only person charged in connection with the attacks so far.
The latest figures on the injured following the Brussels attacks have revealed that 96 people are still in hospital.
ITV News correspondent Emma Murphy reports that of those still in hospital 55 people are in intensive care units and 30 are suffering from burns.
One person has also been repatriated to the US for care.
Belgian police have released a man called Faycal C who prosecutors confirmed on Thursday had been charged with "participation in a terrorist group" and "terrorist killings" in connection with the Brussels attacks.
The federal prosecutors office said he was released due to "lack of evidence".
Belgian police have released CCTV footage in the hunt for the "man in hat" suspect in the Brussels attacks.
He fled after his bomb failed to go off, a prosecutor said previously.
The suspect is seen wearing a white jacket, a hat and is pushing a trolley with a suitcase on.
There has been speculation over his identity.
ITV News understands this is the first time the footage has been publicly available and the video was labelled with the incorrect date.
Images taken from the CCTV have been previously circulated.
Brussels prosecutors have charged three more people with participation in a terrorist group.
A fourth person they had detained for questioning has been released.
In a statement, the federal prosecutors named the three charged as:
- Yassine A.
- Mohamed B.
- Aboubaker O.
Prosecutors said they could not give further information at this stage. It is unclear if the charges are linked to the Brussels attacks.
The death toll from the bomb blasts in Brussels has risento 35, including the three attackers, the health minister said.
"Four patients deceased in hospital. Medical teams did all possible. Total victims: 35. Courage to all the families," Maggie De Block said in a tweet.
Previously, it was said 31 people including the assailants lost their lives, with more than 300 injured.
Belgium's crisis centre previously said that 28 of the victims had been identified.
Of these, 15 died at the airport of whom six were Belgian and nine were foreign nationals.
The 13 victims of the metro blast included 10 Belgians and three foreign nationals.
Among the dead was British man David Dixon, along with Italian, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Swedish and American nationals.
Britain and Europe are "not safe" following recent terror attacks, US Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump has said.
Mr Trump said Europe has a lot of "very, very severe" problems.
He also said he did not think America was a safe place for Americans.
Mr Trump's comments to ABC came five days after the Brussels airport blasts and Metro bomb which killed at least 31 people.
He said: "I don't think Bruss - England or I don't think that Europe is a safe place. No, I don't. I think there are a lot of problems in Europe that are very, very severe.
"When you look at Brussels, when you look at the way they've handled things from law enforcement standpoints, when you look at Paris, when you look at so many other places, no, it's not (safe)".
John Kerry, the US secretary of state, echoed the comments, saying that US citizens should "avoid a crowded place" if they were travelling in Europe because "you have no control over who may be there".
Protesters have been pushed back from the Brussels tribute site at the Place de la Bourse by riot police who deployed the use of a water cannon to break up the disturbance.
Hundreds of protesters arrived at the square on Sunday after they ignored an official call for solidarity marches following Tuesday's bomb attacks to be postponed.
ITV news Correspondent Emma Murphy was at the scene when the protests happened and managed to capture the scenes on camera.
Latest ITV News reports
New images show the scale of devastation at Brussels airport in the wake of last week's terror attacks which killed at least 35.
A report unearthed by ITV News shows the country was warned nine years ago that it was not equipped to deal with the growing issue.