Andy Murray has appeared to step up his recovery from a hip operation after sharing a video of him hitting a tennis ball.
The three-time grand slam winner had a hip resurfacing operation in January as he attempts to overcome a problem that first surfaced in the summer of 2017.
And on Monday night, the 31-year-old shared a short clip on his Instagram Story of him hitting forehands and backhands against a wall, with the caption 'It's a start'.
Murray had a first operation in January 2018 and returned to action at Queen's Club last summer but played only six tournaments last season and was in pain throughout.
His last appearance came at the Australian Open, losing to Roberto Bautista Agut in a gruelling five-set match in the first round, but has said since his surgery that he would love to be able to play at Wimbledon in July.
The former Wimbledon champion said he has felt a lot more relaxed but remains unsure whether he will be able to play top-level tennis again.Read the full story ›
Andy Murray is no longer in pain but remains unsure whether he will be able to play top-level tennis again.
The former world number one had his second hip operation five weeks ago as he bids to overcome a problem that first became a serious issue in the summer of 2017.
Speaking at Queen's Club while announcing a long-term partnership with British clothing brand Castore, Murray said: "I want to continue playing, I said that in Australia. The issue is I don't know whether it's possible."
Murray laid bare his struggles at a tearful press conference ahead of the Australian Open, announcing he was planning to retire after this summer's Wimbledon but that the Melbourne tournament may be the last of his career.
That may yet turn out to be the case but Murray will attempt to break new ground by returning to top-level singles action.
He said: "I'm a lot happier now than I was, certainly the last 12 months, because I have no pain in my hip now and I was in pain for a long time.
"The rehab is slow but it's been going pretty well. I just need to wait and see how things progress. If it's possible, I'd certainly love to compete again."
The tennis star posted an image on Instagram showing him in his hospital bed.Read the full story ›
The former world number one underwent the procedure on Monday morningRead the full story ›
Andy Murray is yet to make a final decision on whether to have hip surgery but has pulled out of a tournament in Marseille next month.
The former world number one headed home from Melbourne earlier this week, following his emotional first-round defeat by Roberto Bautista Agut at the Australian Open, weighing up whether to have a resurfacing operation that could extend his career or end it completely.
Even if Murray does not have the operation, he has stated he would spend the time getting ready for a farewell appearance at Wimbledon, so it was no surprise to see a statement from the Open 13 in Marseille announcing Murray's withdrawal.
He will also miss tournaments he had committed to in Dubai and Montpellier but Murray's management insisted he has not made a final decision about surgery.
The 31-year-old strongly hinted ahead of his departure from Melbourne that he would have the operation, and was encouraged to do so by American doubles great Bob Bryan, who is playing at the Australian Open five months after undergoing the same procedure
In what could be his final match, the three times Grand Slam winner mounted a typically gritty come back but lost the deciding set.Read the full story ›
Days after announcing he will be forced to retire due to a hip Injury, Murray produced a trademark battling performance in MelbourneRead the full story ›
Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic added their tributes to the outpouring of support as the Scot gears up for what could be his final match.Read the full story ›
Rafael Nadal expressed his sadness at Andy Murray's impending retirement but backed the Scot's decision as the right move for his mental health.
A tearful Murray revealed on Friday that the pain in his hip has become too much to bear and the Australian Open could be his final tournament.
Nadal said: "Of course it's very bad news. But when somebody like him, he achieved almost everything in his tennis career, is suffering like he's doing for such a long time already, and you feel that you are not competitive for the thing that really makes you wake up every morning and go on court with the passion to practise, to improve, and with a goal, then it is so difficult.
"Probably he is fighting to keep going since a long time. If he doesn't feel that the thing can go better, probably he does the right thing for his mental health.
"It will be a very important loss for us, for the world of tennis, for the tour, for the fans, even for the rivals that he has been part of a great rivalry between the best players for a long time, and a great competitor. But that's life."
Few people would have put money on Murray being the first of the 'big four' to retire, and his imminent exit is a stark reminder that this golden generation cannot go on forever.
"It seems like he had not a very long career," said Nadal. "But he's 31. Ten years ago, if he retired at 31, we will say he had a great and very long career. We will miss him. But today it's him, tomorrow another one. We are not 20 any more. Our generation, everyone is more than 30."
Nadal was a junior rival of Murray and the pair have known each other for 20 years.
"When he was a kid, he was little bit a bad boy," said the Spaniard with a smile. "I always had a good relationship with him. We shared the court in the most important stadiums in the world, competing for the most important things. That's impossible to forget."