The building was undergoing renovations to add 30,000 sq ft in a multimillion-pound refurbishment.Read the full story ›
Carl Frampton will take on former four-weight world champion Nonito Donaire in Belfast on April 7.Read the full story ›
Prospective MP Sorcha Eastwood and her new husband took a diversion to cast their ballots in the General Election.Read the full story ›
Christian bakers ruled to have discriminated against a gay man by refusing to make a pro-gay marriage cake have lost their appeal.Read the full story ›
Politicians condemned the killing, with the victim a prominent loyalist figure.Read the full story ›
A man has been arrested following the murder of a taxi driver in what has been described as a 'paramilitary-style' attack.
The victim, father-of-four Michael McGibbon, 33, was shot several times in an alleyway on Friday night in the nationalist republican Ardoyne area.
According to the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) a 34-year-old man is being quizzed in connection with the shooting and has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Detective Superintendent John McVea said the shooting, which happened shortly after 10pm on Friday, had all the hallmarks of a paramilitary-style murder that "robbed a family of a treasured husband and father".
A woman in Northern Ireland was handed a suspended jail term after pleading guilty to procuring her own abortion.Read the full story ›
Police have released photographs of two vehicles they believe may have been used in an attack on prison officer Adrian Ismay.
The father of three died after being injured by a dissident republican bomb which detonated under the van he was driving to work on March 4 in east Belfast.
Police are appealing for information on a red Citroen C3 with the number plate SKZ6662, which is believed to have been used by those planting the device.
They also want information on a silver Skoda Fabia KFZ2352, which is thought to have been used before and after the incident by those involved.
Detective Chief Inspector Richard Campbell said: "In particular I am appealing for any sightings of this vehicle, on the move or parked up, between 7pm on the evening of Thursday 3 March and 4am during the early hours of Friday 4 March.
"It is my understanding that a male was dropped off in this vehicle in Pilot Street in the Docks area of Belfast at around 3am on Friday morning and I am appealing for anyone who saw this, or who knows the identity of this male to come forward to police."
A 52-year-old prison officer who was injured by a targeted booby-trap bomb blast in Northern Ireland earlier this month has died.
Married father-of-three Adrian Ismay was hurt after a dissident republican bomb detonated under the van he was driving to work on March 4 in east Belfast.
The prison officer was given surgery for severe leg injuries suffered in the attack and was thought to be recovering but died on Tuesday.
Police Service of Northern Ireland said it was "working to establish the exact cause of Adrian's death" while continuing to investigate the bombing, which a group calling themselves the New IRA has claimed to have carried out.
One man has so far been charged with attempted murder and causing an explosion with intent to endanger life.
Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster tweeted her shock as reports of his death emerged:
I'm devastated. Can't believe the news. I was texting Adrian before we left for the US. He was doing well. My thoughts are with his family.
Prime Minister David Cameron and Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers also paid tribute.
Deeply saddened to hear prison officer injured in bomb attack in Belfast on 4 March has died. Thoughts with father-of-three’s family.
SofS: I am shocked & saddened to hear of the death of this prison officer. My thoughts & deepest condolences are with his family.
Chairman of the Prison Officers' Association Finlay Spratt said the death was a complete shock.
Mr Spratt said: "I have no doubt that the explosion that took place was a factor. He was not a person that I knew had any sickness or ailments.
"I just can't believe it. I was just ringing to find out how he was and that's the news I got."
Mr Spratt added: "He was out of hospital and for this to happen - it is as much of a shock as the attack itself."
The long-serving officer worked at Hydebank Wood Young Offenders Centre in south Belfast and had trained new recruits to the NI Prison Service.
The New IRA group told the BBC that Mr Ismay was targeted because he had trained guards at HMP Maghaberry.
A group calling itself the New IRA has claimed responsibility for a Semtex bomb attack that injured a prison officer in Belfast, according to reports.
The 52-year-old, a married father of three, required surgery after an explosive device detonated under the van he was driving on Friday morning. His condition has been described as stable.
Four people including a woman have since been arrested.
In a statement to the BBC, the dissident republican group reportedly said the officer was targeted because he was involved in training other guards at HMP Maghaberry, near Lisburn.
A spokesman said the officer was one of a number on a list of potential targets and the attack arose from a dispute over the treatment of dissident Republican inmates.
The group claimed to have used the plastic explosive Semtex and a commercial detonator in the attack.