Former FIA President Max Mosley has told ITV News F1's new owners Liberty Media may find it "quite difficult" without Bernie Ecclestone.Read the full story ›
Speaking to ITV News, Bernie Ecclestone promised not to let down F1 fans, despite having "no idea" about the future of the British GP.Read the full story ›
Bernie Ecclestone will remain as chief executive after Liberty Media announced that it has agreed a deal to acquire Formula One for $4.4bn.Read the full story ›
Bernie Ecclestone says he has been asked to stay on at Formula One by Liberty Media once their takeover is completed.Read the full story ›
The Formula One boss said police did an "unbelievable job" rescuing his mother-in-law unharmed from kidnappers.Read the full story ›
One of Bernie Ecclestone's helicopter pilots has been arrested after Aparecida Schunck was abducted from her home in San Paulo.Read the full story ›
The mother-in-law of Formula One billionaire Bernie Ecclestone has been kidnapped in Sau Paulo according to Brazilian media reports.Read the full story ›
Formula One's rulemakers have once again failed to reach an agreement on whether to ditch the sport's unpopular new qualifying format.
After a 90-minute meeting in the paddock ahead of Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix, the sport's team bosses, FIA president Jean Todt and chief executive Bernie Ecclestone could not reach a unanimous verdict.
It means the elimination-style format which flopped in Australia, and again in Bahrain on Saturday, could remain in place for the next race in China.
The FIA and Ecclestone tabled several new proposals in Sunday's meeting - the specifics of which have not been made public - and they will be discussed again in another meeting on Thursday.
Toto Wolff, the Mercedes boss, claimed the teams wanted to revert back to last year's format, but their suggestion was blocked by Todt.
"We can understand the challenges the FIA and the commercial rigthsholder have," Wolff said. "They said that 2015 is not acceptable for them as it was not good enough and we have to accept it.
"The main message from the team was, please no experiments."
Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has taken aim at the sport's revolting drivers by comparing them to "windbags".
Last week, the Grand Prix Drivers' Association, led by Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel, took the step of writing an open letter in which they blasted the "obsolete" and "ill-structured" governance of the sport.
But speaking on the eve of the Bahrain Grand Prix, Ecclestone issued his own retort, claiming they were put up to the outburst by their teams.
Asked if the drivers were "windbags", Ecclestone replied: "Some of them". Pressed on which drivers he was referring to, the 85-year-old said: "The ones that are".
Ecclestone continued: "They [the drivers] can say what they like can't they? They can't do anything. They can give an opinion. Everyone has got an opinion.
"So really their discussion is with their team and the team has got a voice. They are only saying what the team have told them to say."