Live updates

Advertisement

Giroud signs new one-year deal with Chelsea

Olivier Giroud has signed a new one-year contract to stay with Chelsea for a further season. Credit: PA

Olivier Giroud has signed a new one-year contract to stay with Chelsea for a further season.

The 32-year-old striker has scored 17 goals in 62 appearances for the Blues since joining from Arsenal in January 2018.

This season, Giroud has scored 10 goals in the Europa League to help Chelsea reach the final against his former team.

Hazard: 'Chelsea know where my future will be'

Hazard has repeatedly insisted his Chelsea future is up in the air. Credit: PA

Eden Hazard has told Chelsea he has made his mind up over his future.

The forward is yet to publicly announced if he will stay at Stamford Bridge after constant links to Real Madrid.

Hazard has just a year left on his contract having joined from Lille for £32million in 2012.

Press Association Sport understands Chelsea are holding out for £100million if they are forced to sell him.

And after a substitute outing in Sunday's 0-0 draw at Leicester the Belgium international revealed he has made the club aware of his decision.

"Yes. A couple of weeks ago. Yes I have made my decision but it is not just about me," said Hazard.

"I have made my decision, that's it."

When asked if his future will become clear after the Europa League final against Arsenal on May 29 he added: "I think so. We have a final to play and then I will see."

The 28-year-old also admitted he wanted his future resolved earlier to avoid it being the season-long saga it has become.

"Yes, I wanted that but that's not happened. I'm still waiting like you are waiting and like the fans are waiting," he said.

"When you are on the pitch, you try to be focused on the pitch with the ball. That's it. When I am on the pitch I just try to do the best.

"I am not thinking about this and this, my situation or the club's situation. I just try to win games."

Hazard played the final 22 minutes at the King Power Stadium as Chelsea finished third in the Premier League - 26 points behind champions Manchester City.

Advertisement

Chelsea lose Fifa appeal against signing players for next two transfer windows

Chelsea have lost their appeal against signing players in the next two transfer windows Credit: PA

Fifa has broadly rejected Chelsea's appeal against its two-window transfer ban for signing underage players, world football's governing body has announced.

The Premier League club were given the sanction, which runs until July 2020, in February and were also fined £460,000 for 29 breaches of the rules on the international transfer of minors.

Denying any wrongdoing, Chelsea immediately lodged an appeal, with the case heard by Fifa's appeal committee last month.

In a statement, Fifa said it has "partially upheld" the appeal but only in the sense that Chelsea will now be allowed to sign players aged under 16, providing they come from within the European Economic Area.

The ban on signing over-16s remains in place, as does the fine, although it does not apply to the futsal or women's teams.

"With respect to all men's teams, the ban on registering new players, both nationally and internationally for two registration periods, has been confirmed by the Fifa Appeal Committee," it said.

Load more updates