In a blow to Turkey's President, an opposition candidate has declared victory in the race to be Istanbul mayor for a second time.Read the full story ›
It was not immediately clear how many people were trapped in the wreckage.Read the full story ›
Jamal Khashoggi’s disappearance has sparked an international uproar involving Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United States.Read the full story ›
Swimming between continents sounds an epic challenge, but these open water swimmers all achieved it in Istanbul's Bosphorus Strait race.Read the full story ›
The governor for the city said the helicopter, which belonged to a private company, crashed after taking off from Ataturk Airport.Read the full story ›
Turkish media has shown footage of the house where the man accused of carrying out the Reina nightclub attack was arrested.
Images from inside the house, which is reported as being in the city's Esenyurt district, show a broken door and dirty kitchen.
Police sources say that since the attack in the early hours of New Year's Day the suspect, named as Abdulkadir Masharipov, never left Istanbul.
But he is thought to have changed locations within the city several times ahead of his arrest.
Istanbul's governor has said that 50 people were detained in the operation to apprehend the man suspected of carrying out the Reina nightclub attack.
Vasip Sahin said that three women and an Iraqi man had been arrested alongside Abdulkadir Masharipov.
He said the attack, which killed 39 people, had been carried out on behalf of the so-called Islamic State group.
The man arrested over the Reina nightclub attack has admitted he carried out the attack, Istanbul's governor has said.
Vasip Sahin told assembled journalists that the man had been identified as Abdulkadir Masharipov and that his fingerprints matched those of the attacker.
He said that Maharipov, an Uzbekistan national, had received training in Afghanistan and entered Turkey illegally.
Mr Sahin said it was clear that Maharipov had carried out the attack on behalf of the so-called Islamic State group.
Turkey's prime minister has confirmed the arrest of the man accused of carrying out the New Year attack on the Istanbul nightclub in which 39 people were killed.
Binali Yildirim on Tuesday said he hopes the interrogation of the arrested Reina nightclub gunman will reveal the "forces" behind the attack.
He did not provide further details on the arrest or the investigation, saying authorities would provide details "in time."
Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister has congratulated police for detaining the suspected gunman accused of killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day.
Numan Kurtulmus, who is also the government spokesman, wrote on Twitter: "I congratulate our police who caught the perpetrator of the Ortakoy massacre.
"Our war with terror and the powers behind it will continue to the end."