Lewis Hamilton edged out Championship rival Sebastian Vettel at opening practice in Monaco with the returning Jenson Button finishing 14th.Read the full story ›
Ex-Formula One world champions Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button helped a Just Giving page for Billy Monger reach its target within hours.Read the full story ›
Fernando Alonso will miss this year's Monaco Grand Prix after it was confirmed by McLaren that he will compete at the blue-riband Indianapolis 500 event instead.
Double world champion Alonso, 35, will race in a Honda-powered Andretti car branded as a McLaren.
Alonso's absence for round six of the Formula One championship raises the possibility that Jenson Button, who remains under contract in an ambassadorial role for McLaren, could return for the Monte Carlo race on May 28.
Jenson Button's Formula One career ended in bitter disappointment on Sunday after he was forced to retire from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Button, competing in what he described as "probably" his final race as he makes way for Stoffel Vandoorne at McLaren next season, lasted only 12 laps before he parked his car.
The 36-year-old Englishman ran heavily over a kerb at the Yas Marina Circuit which damaged his front suspension.
"I don't think we've ever had a failure like this," said Button over the team radio as he limped back to the McLaren garage.
Button was given a standing ovation by the crowd before he stood on top of his McLaren cockpit and applauded them back.
The Englishman removed his crash helmet and his balaclava before hugging his mother, Simone, who brushed away tears, and the rest of his entourage. He then shook hands with his McLaren mechanics.
Jenson Button will treat Sunday's final race of the season in Abu Dhabi as his last in Formula One.
The 36-year-old British driver has still not completely ruled out a return in 2018, but it looks increasingly likely that Sunday's race will be his swansong.
"I go into this weekend thinking it's my last race," Button said at the press conference ahead of the race.
"At this moment in time I don't want to be racing in F1 beyond this race."
Button had already announced that he will take up an ambassadorial role for McLaren next year with the British team's highly-rated reserve driver Stoffel Vandoorne partnering Fernando Alonso.
McLaren has an option for Button, who has competed in more than 300 grands prix, to return to their race set-up in 2018, but it is one which is largely viewed as an insurance policy should Alonso walk away from the British constructor.
Formula One drivers have launched a scathing attack on the decision-making in the sportRead the full story ›
Formula One driver Jenson Button and his model wife Jessica Michibata have announced they are separating after just a year of marriage.Read the full story ›
Jenson Button will continue to drive for McLaren-Honda in 2016, the racing giant has confirmed.Read the full story ›
Ron Dennis does not think that McLaren driver Jenson Button will retire despite enduring a poor seasonRead the full story ›
Jenson Button could be set to end his Formula One career at the end of the season with an announcement on his future this week.Read the full story ›