No trains will be leaving Euston over Easter between April 19 and 22 and May 4 to 6.Read the full story ›
The rail industry is cracking down on jargon to make booking the correct ticket easier.Read the full story ›
Up to 200 improvement projects will be worked on over the festive period, meaning bus replacement services and closed stations.Read the full story ›
Rail fares will rise by an average of 2.8 percent from 2 January. Here are some of the journeys affected:
- Dover Priory to London - up 3.4% from £4,864 to £5,012
- Deal to London - up 3.4% from £4,864 to £5,012
- Folkestone Central to London - up 3.06% to £4,984
- Canterbury to London - up 3.07% to £4,960
- Bedford to London - up 3.07% to £4,300
- Tunbridge Wells to London - up 3.1% to £4,260
- Reading to London - up 3.23% to £4,088
- West Malling in Kent to London - up 3.1% to £3,996
- Aylesbury to London - up 2.75% to £3,732
- Guildford to London - up 2.98% to £3,320
- Sevenoaks to London - up 3.08% to £3,208
- Woking to London - up 2.9% to £2,980
- Morpeth to Newcastle - up 3.17% to £1,040
- Leeds to Wakefield - up 2.9% to £992
More rail commuters will have to pay more than £5,000 a year for their season ticket after the 2014 fare rises were revealed today.
Increases of 3.4 percent take those travelling to London from Dover Priory and Deal in Kent past the £5,000 figure.
Commuters from Basingstoke in Hampshire will have to fork out more £4,000 following a 2.93 percent increase on their season tickets to and from London.
The figures were revealed on the rail industry's National Rail Enquiries website today, with the new fares taking effect from January 2.
The wet and windy weather is still disrupting train services across the country. Check the National Rail website for full details.
- Delays between Durham and York due to flooding at Darlington
- Some services from Exeter St Davids, Yeovil Junction, Plymouth, Taunton, Bristol Temple Meads and other stations in the South West still affected by flooding
- Buses between Llandudno Junction and Blaenau Ffestiniog due to flooding near North Llanrwst
- Delays between Berwick-upon-Tweed and Newcastle due to flooding near Morpeth
- Buses between Seaham and Middlesbrough due to flooding near Hartlepool
- Amended service between Horsham and Dorking due to landslip