Veteran broadcaster Stuart Hall will appear at Preston Crown Court today accused of 15 counts of rape on two young girls.
The 83-year-old, of Prestbury Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, is currently serving a 30-month jail term for sexually abusing 13 victims, one as young as nine, over a period of nearly 20 years.
But after he was jailed earlier this year, new allegations came to light and Hall was charged with more alleged historic sexual offences against two alleged victims aged between 11 or 12 and 16 at the time.
Stuart Hall will appear at Preston Magistrates' Court on November 8, 2013. Today the Crown Prosecution Service authorised Lancashire Police to charge the former television presenter with 16 new charges - 15 charges of rape and one count of sexual assault.
The Crown Prosecution Service has today authorised Lancashire Police to charge Stuart Hall with 15 offences of rape relating to two girls and one offence of indecent assault.
Nazir Afzal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS North West, said: “Following a careful review, we have decided that there is sufficient evidence to prosecute Stuart Hall for 16 alleged sexual offences against two girls and that it is in the public interest to do so.
"It is alleged that Stuart Hall committed offences against one girl, aged between 14 and 16, from 1976 to 1978 and another girl, aged between 11 or 12 and 15, from 1976 to 1981.
“This decision to prosecute has been taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, the CPS legal guidance on rape and sexual offences and the DPP’s guidelines on prosecuting cases of child sexual abuse.”
Disgraced broadcaster Stuart Hall is being questioned by detectives on suspicion of committing more historical sex offences.
A spokeswoman for Lancashire Police said the allegations relate to two alleged female victims aged between 12 and 15 at the time.
"The man will be interviewed at a Lancashire police station during the course of the day," the spokeswoman said.
"We are not prepared to discuss further details at this stage," she added.
Broadcaster Stuart Hall has been re-arrested and taken from prison to be questioned over further allegations.
The allegations involve 12 and 15-year-old girls between 1974 and 1980 in Manchester and Derbyshire.
Veteran broadcaster Stuart Hall who was jailed for a string of child sex offences has been stripped of his OBE.
The notice in The London Gazette read:
"The Queen has directed that the appointment of James Stuart Hall to be an Officer of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, dated 31 December 2011, shall be cancelled and annulled and that his name shall be erased from the Register of the said Order."
An independent forfeiture committee decides whether recipients should lose honours if they have brought the system into disrepute.
Their decision is then announced in the London Gazette. The statement on Stuart Hall losing his OBE will be published this afternoon.
The announcement confirming that Stuart Hall is to be stripped of his OBE will be made this afternoon.
Former broadcaster Stuart Hall, who was jailed for sex offences against children, will be stripped of his OBE by the Queen, the London Evening Standard reports.
Hall was awarded an OBE in the 2012 New Year's Honours list for services to broadcasting and charity.
We can confirm that we have received further allegations against Mr Hall and we are working closely with the Crown Prosecution Service to determine the most appropriate course of action.
We take all allegations of sexual abuse seriously and we would encourage people with any information about sexual abuse or who has been a victim of sexual abuse to come forward and report their concerns confident in the knowledge it will be investigated appropriately and with sensitivity.