The Independent Press Standards Organisation ruled the tabloid published an inaccurate headline following complaints from Buckingham Palace.Read the full story ›
A High Court judge has given the go-ahead to phone-hacking claims against The Sun.
News Group Newspapers, which previously settled a large number of cases brought against the now-defunct News of the World, has always said there was no hacking activity at its sister tabloid.
But Mr Justice Mann has today allowed the claims to proceed.
Justices consider whether case barring newspaper from naming celebrity over alleged extra-marital activities can go to Supreme Court.Read the full story ›
The press regulator said an article claiming one in five British Muslims sympathised with so-called Islamic State fighters was misleading.Read the full story ›
In an exclusive TV interview, the editor of The Sun confirmed the newspaper knows more than it printed as he hit out at Nick Clegg.Read the full story ›
A Sun journalist has been found guilty of getting story tips from a police officer.
Crime reporter Anthony France, 41, started a "corrupt relationship" with Pc Timothy Edwards over four years.
While working at Heathrow Airport in SO15 counter-terrorism command, PC Edwards, 49, sold 38 stories and tit-bits of information to the journalist in exchange for more than £22,000.
The court heard that Edwards passed on details ranging from airline pilots being breathalysed to a drunken model flying into a rage after "catching her boyfriend romping with a woman next to him".
Mr France will be sentenced on May 29.
A petition calling for The Sun to sack Katie Hopkins as a columnist has attracted more than 200,000 signatures.Read the full story ›
Bettina Jordan-Barber, a senior official at the Ministry of Defence who leaked scoops to The Sun, gave the newspaper details about the death of Major Matthew Bacon, who was killed in Iraq in 2005.
His father Roger Bacon told ITV News Correspondent Paul Davies that Jordan-Barber's actions were "contemptible":
A senior MoD official who was handed £100,000 from the sale of scoops to The Sun has been jailed for 12 months, it can now be reported.Read the full story ›
The Sun's executive editor Fergus Shanahan, 60, said despite the acquittal of four journalists at the Old Bailey their families had been through a "terrible ordeal".
After hugging supporters outside court, Mr Shanahan said: "Obviously I'm very grateful to the jury for taking such time over the verdict. They put an enormous amount of thought into it."
He said the issues that the jurors in the case had to deal with were complicated and "complex".
The executive editor told reporters that the trial had been a "terrible ordeal" for the families of the people involved.
While journalists may have "thick skin" and "can look after ourselves", the loved ones had been put under "the most appalling strain for three years", he said.
The journalist added that his thoughts were with colleagues facing trial in the future and he expressed the hope that there would be a "sensible result, a right result".