Police in Ontario released video of what appears to be a woman's abduction in which she can be heard saying "I think I'm going to die".Read the full story ›
Police declined to release the name of the 29-year-old gunman from Toronto who died after an exchange of gunfire with officers.Read the full story ›
Two people have died and 14 other people were injured in the city’s Greektown neighbourhood.Read the full story ›
Alek Minassian, 25, has been charged with first degree murder.Read the full story ›
Police said they did not yet know the cause or any possible motive.Read the full story ›
In what is believed to be a world first, doctors saved a mother's life by removing her lungs for six days while she waited for a transplant.Read the full story ›
Rob Ford, the controversial mayor of Toronto, is to "go get help" for "substance abuse" problems, his lawyer has said.
Local paper the Toronto Sun quotes Mr Ford as saying he is "ready to take a break" from campaigning for re-election as mayor in order to seek help.
His lawyer, Dennis Morris told the Associated Press:
"He acknowledges he has a substance abuse problem and he wants to do something about it."
Toronto mayor Rob Ford, who gained worldwide infamy last year after admitting to smoking crack cocaine, has registered for re-election saying he was the best mayor in the city's history.
Ford, who last year admitted to smoking crack cocaine whilst being in a "drunken stupor", said his slogan will be "Ford more years." He is expected to be opposed on both sides of the political spectrum. Speaking in Toronto today as he registered for the October 27 election, he said:
"My track record speaks for itself. If you want to get personal, that's fine. I'm sticking to my record, and talk is cheap. You're going to see action like you've never seen before."
Toronto mayor Rob Ford may have offered $5,000 (£2,860) and a car to men trying to sell a video that allegedly shows him smoking crack cocaine, police documents published in Canada's National Post show.
Police notes on a recorded phone conversation between two suspected gang members reportedly showed that Mr Ford was aware of the video's existence and wanted to buy it.
The men rejected the mayor's apparent offer and planned on asking for $150,000 (£85,850), according to a police document released by an Ontario Superior court judge.
Mr Ford, who admitted that he smoked crack in a "drunken stupor" around a year ago, has denied the claims.