One man has died and 33 people have been injured after a train carrying highly toxic chemicals derailed in Ghent, Belgium, according to Belgian news site Nieuwsblad.
Around 500 locals in the Wetteren area were forced to evacuate their homes after six of the train's 13 cars derailed on Friday, unleashing toxic fumes from the highly flammable liquid chemicals it was transporting from the Netherlands to Ghent's seaport.
Initial reports suggested there were two fatalities but authorities later revised this figure.
It is believed the victims were not near the train when the crash occurred and Belgium's interior minister Joelle Milquet blamed the toxic fumes from chemicals including cyanide.
"In the future, the big companies are going to put only one pilot in the cockpit to save money, and that is what did happen here. They put only one person with that kind of chemicals behind it. So it may be a few seconds or whatever and he has made that mess," said local resident Camerlenck Bernate.
The injured people are receiving hospital treatment.
The chair of the Public Accounts Committee, Margaret Hodge MP, has strongly criticised the Department for Transport's handling of the West Coast Main Line competition.
She said that "no single person" had been in charge of the bidding process, and that for a period of three months "there was no single person in charge at all".
MPs have called for the Department for Transport to "get its house in order" after uncovering "basic errors" in the way it run the West Coast franchise competition.
The department was forced to reverse its decision to award the £5 billion franchise to FirstGroup last October after a legal challenge from rival bidder Virgin Group.
The latest report by the Public Accounts Committee finds that managers had no oversight in the bidding process and failed to respond to early warning signs that things were going wrong.
Committee chair Margaret Hodge said the competition would cost the taxpayer £50 million "at the very least".
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said:
Twitter user Helen True shared this photograph of emergency services attending London Bridge station where four people were taken ill.
Network Rail and TfL dismissed reports of a gas leak and said that overground and underground train services were running as normal.
Network Rail told ITV News that there is no gas leak at London Bridge station and that train services are running as normal.
They added that four people were taken ill but the incidents were not related to each other.