AC Milan has struck a deal with Uefa to serve a one-year ban from European football for breaching financial fair play rulesRead the full story ›
Former UEFA president Michel Platini has been arrested as part of an investigation into the awarding of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.Read the full story ›
Arsenal plan to meet with Uefa to express their fury after Henrikh Mkhitaryan decided against playing in the Europa League final over security fears.
The Armenian's safety was a concern because of the dispute between his country and Azerbaijan, the host nation of next week's fixture between the Gunners and Chelsea.
Despite receiving assurances aimed at allaying those fears, Mkhitaryan has chosen not to travel to Baku following discussions with the club and his family.
Arsenal boss Unai Emery said he respected the "personal" nature of Mkhitaryan's decision, but conceded it was "bad news" for his team.
But Arsenal managing director Vinai Venkatesham branded the situation "unacceptable" and revealed the club would make the full extent of their anger known to the governing body.
He was quoted as saying by a number of national newspapers: "I struggle to find words for how strongly I feel. We feel it's unacceptable."
Uefa's club financial control body chief investigator has referred Manchester City to the adjudicatory chamber for breaches of financial fair play regulations, Europe's governing body has announced.
City were fined £49million and hit with restrictions on transfer spending and their Champions League squad after FFP breaches were originally investigated in 2014, and Uefa began a new probe after further allegations about the same period were made in German publication Der Spiegel last year.
"The Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) chief investigator, after having consulted with the other members of the independent investigatory chamber of the CFCB, has decided to refer Manchester City FC to the CFCB adjudicatory chamber following the conclusion of his investigation," said a Uefa statement.
"The CFCB investigatory chamber had opened an investigation into Manchester City FC on 7 March 2019 for potential breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations that were made public in various media outlets.
"Uefa will not be making any further comment on the matter until a decision is announced by the CFCB adjudicatory chamber."
Manchester City are "fully co-operating in good faith" with Uefa's ongoing investigation into alleged breaches of Financial Fair Play regulations by the club.
The Premier League champions have, however, expressed concern about reports that investigators will push for a Champions League ban before any official statement has been made by the European governing body.
Uefa opened an investigation into alleged financial irregularities at the club earlier this year.
A statement from City read: "Manchester City FC is fully co-operating in good faith with the CFCB IC's (club financial control body investigatory chamber) ongoing investigation.
"In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC's independence and commitment to due process; and on Uefa's commitment of March 7 that it '...will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing'.
"The New York Times report citing 'people familiar with the case' is therefore extremely concerning.
"The implications are that either Manchester City's good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club's reputation and its commercial interests. Or both."
Fifa has broadly rejected Chelsea's appeal against its two-window transfer ban for signing underage players, world football's governing body has announced.
The Premier League club were given the sanction, which runs until July 2020, in February and were also fined £460,000 for 29 breaches of the rules on the international transfer of minors.
Denying any wrongdoing, Chelsea immediately lodged an appeal, with the case heard by Fifa's appeal committee last month.
In a statement, Fifa said it has "partially upheld" the appeal but only in the sense that Chelsea will now be allowed to sign players aged under 16, providing they come from within the European Economic Area.
The ban on signing over-16s remains in place, as does the fine, although it does not apply to the futsal or women's teams.
"With respect to all men's teams, the ban on registering new players, both nationally and internationally for two registration periods, has been confirmed by the Fifa Appeal Committee," it said.
The continent's leading clubs and European football's governing body UEFA are set to announce a cap on ticket prices for away fans in EuropeRead the full story ›
The Prime Minister has called the abuse suffered by England players "disgusting and completely unacceptable."Read the full story ›
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Montenegro, including a charge of racist behaviour, following England's 5-1 Euro 2020 qualifying victory in Podgorica on Monday night.
Several England players - including Raheem Sterling, Danny Rose and Callum Hudson-Odoi - were the target of racist abuse during the match.
Montenegro also face charges relating to crowd disturbances, the throwing of objects, setting off of fireworks and the blocking of stairways at the Gradski Stadion, UEFA has announced in a statement.
UEFA said the case would be heard by its Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on May 16, prior to the next round of qualifying fixtures in June.
Montenegro's next match will also be at home when they face Kosovo on June 7.
UEFA regulations state that if supporters engage in racist behaviour then "the member association or club responsible is punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure".
The PFA's deputy chief executive Bobby Barnes, the FIFPro European President, said he had spoken to UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin about the incidents and received assurances it would be dealt with.
"Aleksander Ceferin has expressed his equal frustration with myself that racism had raised its ugly head again," Barnes said.
"Aleksander reiterated his commitment to dealing with this stain on our game and to taking strong action once the evidence has been properly examined."
Raheem Sterling has called for Montenegro to be hit with a stadium ban after England players were subjected to racist abuse on Monday night.Read the full story ›