The continent's leading clubs and European football's governing body UEFA are set to announce a cap on ticket prices for away fans in EuropeRead the full story ›
The Prime Minister has called the abuse suffered by England players "disgusting and completely unacceptable."Read the full story ›
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Montenegro, including a charge of racist behaviour, following England's 5-1 Euro 2020 qualifying victory in Podgorica on Monday night.
Several England players - including Raheem Sterling, Danny Rose and Callum Hudson-Odoi - were the target of racist abuse during the match.
Montenegro also face charges relating to crowd disturbances, the throwing of objects, setting off of fireworks and the blocking of stairways at the Gradski Stadion, UEFA has announced in a statement.
UEFA said the case would be heard by its Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on May 16, prior to the next round of qualifying fixtures in June.
Montenegro's next match will also be at home when they face Kosovo on June 7.
UEFA regulations state that if supporters engage in racist behaviour then "the member association or club responsible is punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure".
The PFA's deputy chief executive Bobby Barnes, the FIFPro European President, said he had spoken to UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin about the incidents and received assurances it would be dealt with.
"Aleksander Ceferin has expressed his equal frustration with myself that racism had raised its ugly head again," Barnes said.
"Aleksander reiterated his commitment to dealing with this stain on our game and to taking strong action once the evidence has been properly examined."
Raheem Sterling has called for Montenegro to be hit with a stadium ban after England players were subjected to racist abuse on Monday night.Read the full story ›
Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with improper conduct by UEFA after his goal celebration in Juventus' Champions League win over Atletico Madrid.
The Portugal international was seen gesturing towards fans - mimicking Diego Simeone from the first leg after which the Atletico manager was fined £17,000 for an "obscene" celebration.
It came after Ronaldo converted a late penalty for his hat-trick and a 3-0 victory which sent the Serie A side through on aggregate.
"Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Champions League round of 16 match between Juventus Football Club and Club Atletico de Madrid, played on March 12 in Italy," said a UEFA statement.
"Charges against Juventus Football Club: Improper conduct of player Cristiano Ronaldo."
The case will be by the UEFA control, ethics and disciplinary body on Thursday.
Pep Guardiola insists allegations of malpractice at Manchester City cannot taint his legacy or the achievements of his sideRead the full story ›
All you need to know about UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations as Man City investigation gets underway.Read the full story ›
Manchester United and Paris St Germain have been charged by Uefa following Tuesday night's Champions League clash between the clubs at Old Trafford.
United have been charged with throwing objects and blocking stairways, PSG with throwing objects, setting off fireworks, acts of damage and crowd disturbance.
A beer bottle was thrown from the crowd towards PSG's former United winger Angel Di Maria in the second half of the last-16 first leg, with the Argentinian responding by picking it up and seemingly pretending to take a swig from it.
It has been reported that a bottle of water was subsequently thrown Di Maria's way as well, and an item landed at the feet of United full-back Luke Shaw in the first half of the game, which the visitors won 2-0.
The case will be dealt with by the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on February 28.
Allegations of racist chanting in Chelsea's Europa League fixture against Vidi in Hungary last month have led to action by UEFARead the full story ›
Manchester City could be banned from the Champions League if they are found to have deceived UEFA over sponsorship income, European football's governing body has confirmed.
City are being investigated by the Premier League and UEFA for possible breaches of football's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules after German magazine Der Spiegel published a series of stories last year based on leaked emails between club officials.
In an interview with Belgian magazine Sport and Strategy, UEFA's chief FFP investigator Yves Leterme said: "If what has been written about Manchester City is true, there might be a serious problem.
"This can lead to the heaviest punishment - exclusion from UEFA competitions."
Leterme, a former Belgian prime minister, explained that clubs must truthfully report their financial affairs to UEFA when they apply for a licence to compete in European club competitions.
The governing body's Club Financial Control Board then randomly checks those figures and club accounts are examined by internal and external experts.
"If the (Der Spiegel) information is correct, this goes against the truthful reporting of financial affairs," added Leterme.
According to the German magazine, only £8million of City's claimed £67.5million sponsorship deal with Etihad actually came from the airline in 2015, with the rest coming direct from their owner Sheikh Mansour via his Abu Dhabi United Group.
A member of Abu Dhabi's royal family, Sheikh Mansour is deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and his half-brother Sheikh Khalifa is the UAE's president and emir of Abu Dhabi.
The magazine also alleged that City backdated and inflated several other deals from their predominantly UAE-based sponsors to meet FFP requirements, hid payments to former manager Roberto Mancini and artificially reduced their image-rights costs.
The Premier League is understood to be investigating the matter, too, and is cooperating with UEFA's investigators, who are also looking into similar allegations related to French clubs Monaco and Paris St Germain.
CIty and PSG were both given £49million fines by UEFA for breaching FFP rules in 2014, as well as having restrictions imposed on the size of their Champions League squads and transfer spends for two seasons - but two thirds of the sums were later returned to the clubs for apparently complying with the terms of the conditional punishment.
A second offence, however, would be viewed much more seriously, making a sporting sanction, a ban, more likely.