Slaven Bilic has been named as the new manager of West Brom, the Championship club have announced.The Baggies turned to former West Ham boss Bilic to replace Darren Moore, who was sacked in March.
The 50-year-old has agreed a two-year contract with Albion, who reached the Championship play-off semi-finals last season.
Bilic, who has also managed his national side Croatia, lost his job at West Ham in November 2017 after two and a half years in charge.
He guided the Hammers to seventh in his first season but left with them struggling in the relegation zone and was replaced by David Moyes.
"I'm delighted with this opportunity of course," Bilic told the Baggies' official website.
"We want to improve, we want to improve on the pitch and Albion have convinced me they want to return to the Premier League. Albion have a short-term project and a long project and they do not clash.
"They wanted me to lead them, to help improve them. They made it clear they wanted me to be the one to lead them in this and I didn't think twice once they had spoken to me."
West Brom have opened talks with Lincoln boss Danny Cowley as they step up their hunt for a new managerRead the full story ›
Jack Grealish inspired Aston Villa's comeback as a late show against West Brom put them on the brink of another Wembley final.Read the full story ›
West Brom caretaker manager Jimmy Shan will remain in charge until the end of the season.
The 40-year-old has overseen four wins in six games since the Baggies sacked Darren Moore last month.
While there was never an official approach, Albion wanted Preston boss Alex Neil but the Scot signed a new three-year deal at Deepdale on Sunday.
Shan said: "I'm happy that we can now move forward with clear planning and direction for the remainder of the season.
"It won't change the work ethic and application of the players and the staff but it enables us to crack on with a clear target in our sights.
"From a personal point of view there is huge, huge pride to be given the responsibility. For me it is a chance to see the journey through that began at the end of last season.
"I've heard it said that with two or three extra games we may have stayed up last season. My aim is to make sure we get those extra games at the end of this season and complete our road back to the Premier League."
Brighton boss Chris Hughton insists the racism row between Gaetan Bong and Jay Rodriguez is very much in the past ahead of the FA Cup clash with West Brom.
Seagulls full-back Bong alleged he was racially abused by Baggies striker Rodriguez during a Premier League match at The Hawthorns in January of last year.
The charge was found to be "not proven" by the Football Association, although the governing body said it was satisfied Bong's complaint was "made in absolute good faith".
Rodriguez is in line to face Bong and Brighton for the first time since the incident during Saturday's fourth-round tie at the Amex Stadium.
"There have been issues before and we are all very conscious of that," said Hughton.
"But that was something in the past, I think it has to be that way.
"It was dealt with by the FA, I would have to say very, very well.
"We certainly couldn't have had any complaints with the way that it was dealt with but it's something in the past.
"That will be one of many, many football incidents that are in the past that you have to be able to move on from and I would expect everybody to feel the same."
Brighton captain Bruno, who played alongside Cameroon international Bong in that match, echoed the sentiments of his manager.
"It's gone. We cannot stick with things like this," said the Spanish defender.
"Of course it was a big deal at that time but it's time to forget. That's done for him (Bong)."
Ahead of the weekend cup tie against the Sky Bet Championship side, Hughton will be recognised for his contribution to the football club with an honorary degree.
The 60-year-old, who in 2017 guided Albion to the top flight for the first time since 1983, is due to don a gown and mortarboard to receive the honour from the University of Sussex on Thursday afternoon.
"It's very humbling to myself. I think it's a mark of the efforts of a lot of people, this club has a very good standing in the area, it's a club that's made great progress over the years and I have an incredibly good staff around me," said Hughton.
"It's a huge honour for me, particularly having been here for four years. I've been made to feel very welcome, not only at the club but in the area as well.
"I've been around it (graduation ceremonies) before with my children and family members so I know what the ceremony is."
West Bromwich Albion forward Nacer Chadli is set for a £10m move to AS Monaco.Read the full story ›
Newcastle have completed the signing of West Brom striker Salomon Rondon on a season-long loan deal, with Dwight Gayle moving in the other direction as part of the agreement.
Rondon, 28, scored seven Premier League goals last season as the Baggies dropped out of the top-flight.
He will now link up with Rafael Benitez's Newcastle, with Gayle heading to the Hawthorns on loan for the campaign in return.
Venezuela international Rondon becomes Benitez's sixth summer recruit, following on from the signings of Martin Dubravka, Kenedy, Yoshinori Muto, Fabian Schar and Ki Sung-yeung.
Announcing the news on their official website, Newcastle's statement claimed Rondon was Benitez's "number one transfer target" this summer.
"I am delighted to sign Salomon," the Newcastle boss said.
"When we were looking for options up front, we knew how important experience would be. Salomon has been in the Premier League for a while and he knows how demanding it is."
West Brom were beaten 2-1 by last season strugglers Bolton upon their return to the Championship.Read the full story ›
West Brom have rejected a £16million offer from Burnley for Jay Rodriguez.
The bid falls well short of the Baggies' valuation of the striker and has been instantly dismissed, Press Association Sport understands.
Albion want to keep hold of the England international, who is not agitating for a move, as they plot an instant return to the Premier League.
Burnley have already had a joint £25million bid dismissed for Rodriguez and Craig Dawson with Albion valuing the pair at least £20million each.
The Clarets must now weigh up whether return a third time as boss Sean Dyche chases reinforcements at Turf Moor.
Rodriguez initially left Burnley for Southampton in 2012 in a deal worth around £7m and joined Albion last summer for £12m.
He scored 11 goals in all competitions but could not keep the Baggies in the Premier League.
Bournemouth were also interested in the striker but their interest appears to have cooled having tied down Callum Wilson to a new contract.
Stoke have signed winger James McClean from West Brom for an initial £5million.
Republic of Ireland international McClean, 29, has agreed a four-year deal with Stoke, who confirmed the transfer fee could reach £6m.
"The Potters have paid an initial £5million for the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland winger, although the fee could rise to £6million with add-ons," the Sky Bet Championship club said on their official website.
"McClean has signed a four-year contract and follows Peter Etebo, Benik Afobe and Adam Federici in checking-in at the bet365 Stadium ahead of the 2018/19 season."
McClean, who has made 59 senior appearances for Ireland, arrived in England in 2011 when Sunderland signed him from Derry City.
He moved on to Wigan two years later and West Brom paid £1.5m to take him to The Hawthorns in August 2015.
"James is a player I've admired for a long time," said Stoke boss Gary Rowett. "Every time I've watched him play I've always been impressed by how hard he worked.
"I've spoken to lads who have played with him before, the likes of Darren Fletcher, and they have all said that he's a great guy to have around the dressing room and he's really popular with his team-mates."
Both Stoke and West Brom were relegated to the Championship last season.