West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has called for any fan responsible for abuse directed at Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah to be swiftly punished.
Egypt international Salah was filmed on a mobile phone from a section of home supporters as he was taking a corner during Monday night's Premier League draw.
The video clip contains audible expletives directed at the player, including comments against his Muslim religion.
West Ham have promised to find those responsible and ban them from the London Stadium, and Pellegrini backed the club's stance.
"Of course I think that cannot happen in the stadium," said Pellegrini. "The best way to manage those things out of the game is to remove them from the great spectacle that is the Premier League.
"We must have high standards and when this happen, you must take action. The club knows how to work and says it cannot accept these kind of things in the game.
"It was a very good game and everybody was enjoying the game, so these people must be punished as soon as we can."
Videos of alleged abuse aimed at the Egypt international circulated on social media networks in the wake of the match on Monday eveningRead the full story ›
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has warned his team they will face tougher tests than Monday's at West Ham before the end of a season.Read the full story ›
Liverpool had their lead at the top of the Premier League reduced to just three points after a 1-1 draw away at West HamRead the full story ›
Manuel Pellegrini wants to get West Ham's season back on course while at the same time doing his old club a favour.
West Ham host leaders Liverpool on Monday night desperate for a decent performance after three straight defeats.
Manchester City will be watching events at the London Stadium closely as they attempt to chase down the Reds, just as they did under Pellegrini in 2014 to claim the title.
"If we win I will be very happy for our club first, because we need a good performance against the leaders," said Hammers boss Pellegrini.
"After that if we can give a hand to Manchester City, it's not our problem, but of course I am a fan of Manchester City also."
However, Pellegrini feels Liverpool's exit from both domestic cups will still give them an edge in the title race even if they come unstuck in east London.
The Chilean insists Tottenham - knocked out of both cups last week - also cannot be discounted.
"It's more easy for the team that is involved in just two competitions compared to the team that is involved in four," he added.
"Tottenham? You should never think that a team four or five points behind you are not involved in the title. Of course they are.
Manuel Pellegrini has admitted to feeling ashamed of his players after West Ham's shock FA Cup exit at the hands of Wimbledon.Read the full story ›
Marko Arnautovic has reaffirmed his commitment to West Ham by signing a contract extension at the club - seemingly ending speculation of a lucrative switch to China this month.
The Austrian forward wrote in an Instagram post on Friday that he would remain with the Hammers until at least the end of the season and he has now gone a step further by extending his deal with the club.
West Ham have not specified the length of Arnautovic's new deal - he was previously contracted to the club until 2022 - but the 29-year-old has welcomed the news and rejected rumours he was seeking to force his way out.
He said on the club's official website: "I'm happy for this and I want to say to the fans that I'm happy to stay.
"I'm glad to play again, show myself and score goals, to make assists, but also to say that the major point is Marko Arnautovic never refused (to play or train). I would never refuse.
"I'm happy, I'm happy to come to this point. I'm happy that this club is improving. Step by step, every week, every month we are seeing some improvement and that's good."
Arnautovic was the subject of a reported £35million bid from a Chinese club, thought to be Shanghai SIPG, and he admitted he had been tempted by the move.
He added: "The fans gave me the power, they gave me the energy and that's why I have to be here and that's why I want to stay. I never wanted to run away because I hate this club, this was never my intention.
"I love this club and I will always love this club no matter what. You have decisions you have to make in life, but I say from now it doesn't matter what happens I will always love West Ham and it will always be a big part in my life.
"I love this happiness, so listen, I'm here, I'm ready. I hope the fans are also ready and we go again."
The East London club have been hit with the fine in relation to the protests that marred the home game with Burnley in the Premier LeagueRead the full story ›
The England striker is a free agent in the summer and could be available for as little as £2m in the January windowRead the full story ›
West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini is confident wantaway striker Marko Arnautovic will not follow Dimitri Payet's lead and go on strike.
Arnautovic wants to quit West Ham for a big-money move to China with Shanghai SIPG believed to be offering to almost treble his wages.
Two seasons ago France midfielder Payet, another fans' favourite at the London Stadium, refused to play until he got a move back to his former club Marseille.
Pellegrini says he does not blame Arnautovic for having his head turned but is convinced the Austrian forward will continue to do his best for the team, even if the move does not come off.
"Marko is working with the team without any problem," said Pellegrini.
"When you have such a high offer, everyone wants to leave but he has a contract here and we will know what will happen about it in the coming days.
"Of course you can't blame him, he knows what is the best option for him and now we will see what happens between the clubs.
"I don't think that the player will refuse to play."
Arnautovic appeared to wave goodbye to the fans when he was substituted during West Ham's home win over Arsenal last weekend, but as things stand he will be in the squad which travels to Bournemouth on Saturday.