Wladimir Klitschko has announced his immediate retirement from boxing.Read the full story ›
Anthony Joshua is preparing to begin a training camp on August 22 in the expectation Wladimir Klitschko will sign for their proposed rematchRead the full story ›
Anthony Joshua is ready and willing to take on Wladimir Klitschko later this year if Tyson Fury is stripped of his title belts, promoter Eddie Hearn has said.
The heavyweight title rematch between Fury and Klitschko was cancelled for a second time on Friday night after the Briton was declared ''medically unfit to fight''.
That clash had been due to take place in Manchester on October 29 but Fury, whose previous attempt at a rematch with Klitschko in July was abandoned after the WBA and WBO champion sustained an ankle injury, will now undergo treatment on his condition.
It is not known how long Fury will be out for, but undefeated IBF champion Joshua - who is in line to make the second defence of his title in Manchester on November 26 - has thrown his hat in the ring to fight Ukrainian Klitschko.
However, Joshua's promoter Hearn insists their primary goal is still an all-British showdown against Fury, and hopes the 28-year-old retains his titles.
Hearn told Sky Sports News: "From our side, if Wladimir Klitschko against Anthony Joshua can be made for the WBA and the IBF belts, for November 26, we are taking that fight, no question.
"But, as always in boxing it's a very complicated process, there's so much that needs to happen and I don't feel like they'll strip Tyson Fury just yet. I hope they don't, because we want the winner of that fight, Fury against Klitschko.
"We want to fight Tyson Fury really, that's a unification fight between two Brits in the heavyweight division, that's never happened before and it'll never again."
Tyson Fury's management have released a statement saying he has been "declared medically unfit to fight".Read the full story ›
Tyson Fury's fight against Wladimir Klitschko on July 9 in Manchester has been postponed because the British boxer says he has suffered an ankle injury.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
Wladimir Klitschko will take up his option for a re-match against new world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, the Ukrainian has announced on Instagram.
The Ukrainian lost to Briton Fury on points in Dusseldorf on Saturday night, ending a nine-year reign.
But the 39-year-old has announced on Instagram he is ready to take on Fury again in the new year.
"I have a pre-Christmas gift for Tyson Fury and all boxing fans around the world," Klitschko said in a video message on Instagram.
"I'll be making use of my contractual option for a re-match against Fury. So to say, the fight of 2016 is in the making."
Tyson Fury says it was his "destiny" to become world heavyweight champion as he dethroned Wladimir KlitschkoRead the full story ›
Tyson Fury's world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko will go ahead as planned after a dispute over the ring canvas was resolved.
The 27-year-old Briton was unhappy with the the surface and insisted it was too soft ahead of Saturday's WBA, WBO and IBF title fight in Dusseldorf.
However, Fury's agent Asif Vali eventually confirmed the bout will go ahead.
"It's on after two hours, it's fight time," he tweeted.
Fury, who also said he would not fight if an issue over his gloves for the fight was not sorted out, clearly believes the soft canvas would have slowed him down in what may be a deliberate ploy by Klitschko.
Vali, who got the British Boxing Board of Control involved, said earlier: "Massive health & safety issues fights in jeopardy with the foam and canvas here in Dusseldorf."
Tyson Fury plans to give fan Rod Stewart a run for his money as soon as he is finished with world heavyweight champion Wladimir KlitschkoRead the full story ›
Wladimir Klitschko is fighting for his ego as he continues to defend his world heavyweight titles into his 40th yearRead the full story ›