The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers have received £4.7million worth of Heritage Lottery Funding.
The project aim is to secure a sustainable future for the Institute.
· Restoration of the exterior of Grade II* Listed Neville Hall
· Preservation and celebration of the Institute’s unique industrial and engineering heritage
· Creating online access for Industrial Revolution research
· Running an education programme for north east communities and providing opportunities for engineering careers and apprenticeships
· Supplying meeting spaces and delivering a programme of regional events.
“This is a momentous day and is a major milestone in securing a future for a Great North Institute. We are delighted that HLF is investing in our mission to celebrate an esteemed industrial heritage and our vision for current and future generations”.