Life saving defibrillator damaged at Sunderland fast food restaurant

Library image of a defibrillator. Credit: PA

Investigations are underway after a life saving defibrillator was damaged at a fast food restaurant in Sunderland.

On Saturday, March 25, the case of a defibrillator at McDonalds in High Street West was broken, leaving it out of use.

The device gives a high energy electric shock to the heart through the chest wall to someone who is in cardiac arrest.

Officers are carrying out enquiries and keen to trace a man who was in the store at the time.

He is described as white, dark hair, wearing a red zip up top with a grey hood and black trousers.