Harrogate has been identified as the happiest place to live in the North East and North Yorkshire, in a survey which saw several spa towns ranked highly.
Leamington Spa, Royal Tunbridge Wells and Epsom also featured in the top 10 list of an annual "happy at home" index compiled by Rightmove.
More than 17,000 people took part in the survey, which asked them how happy they are with aspects of where they live.
Factors such as community spirit, feeling safe, the friendliness of locals, the amenities and local services available and earning enough to live comfortably were taken into account.
Here is the top ten in full:
- 1. Royal Leamington Spa, West Midlands
- 2. Leigh-on-Sea, South East
- 3. Wirral, North West
- 4. Harrogate, Yorkshire
- 5. Royal Tunbridge Wells, South East
- 6. King's Lynn, East of England
- 7. Epsom, South East
- 8. Richmond upon Thames, London
- 9. Poole, South West
- 10. Chichester, South East