A civil engineer from Newcastle who shared extreme videos of the Islamic State has been jailed for seven years.
Abdulrahman Alcharbati, 32, was told by a judge that the videos, which he shared links to on his Facebook page in the early hours of February 8 last year, had been "intended to encourage acts of terrorism".
During his trial at Newcastle Crown Court, jurors were told how one of the films showed Syrian soldiers being violently beaten to death and dragged away.
The court also heard how another video depicted young children at an orphanage being given Islamic State "indoctrination" and being taught how to be a "thorn in the side of enemies of religion".
Alcharbati, who was born in Syria, also uploaded a link to a film of people celebrating in the aftermath of a suicide bombing.
The court heard on Friday how Facebook had suspended his page on eight occasions between December 2016 and March 2017, but the father-of-one managed to get it reinstated on each occasion by claiming that he was merely "exposing what was happening" and that he needed to use the site for work.
He was convicted by a jury of six counts of disseminating terrorist material, relating to the postings he made in February 2017, and was also found guilty of possessing a "bomb-making" manual.
Jurors were told how the manual, which was discovered on his phone following his arrest on May 3 2017, provided viable guidance on how to make suicide vests.
Sentencing him to seven years in jail on Friday, Judge Paul Sloan QC said:
These were links to extremist Islamic videos, Isis inspired videos which glorified terrorism and were intended to encourage acts of terrorism.
The judge added that Alcharbati, of Westholme Gardens, Newcastle, was someone who "clearly had terrorist motivations", saying that his other Facebook posts were characterised by an antipathy towards the Syrian government, made worse by the death of his brother in Syria in 2015.
Dan Pawson-Pounds, prosecuting, said:
They were a series of videos which, of themselves, had one purpose, to support, justify and glorify the actions of Islamic State groups."
The court heard how Alcharbati, who has been diagnosed as bipolar, claimed that he suffered from a "manic episode" when he made the posts.
Bunty Batra, defending, told how the defendant has been on "hunger strike" since Tuesday, as "he believes he should be in a hospital, rather than a prison".
Detective Chief Superintendent Martin Snowden, of Counter Terrorism Policing North East, said that Alcharbati's postings "encouraged others to carry out terrorist activity".
He was also found to have downloaded an instructional guide which contained detailed instructions on how to make a suicide vest.