Hatice Cengiz, the fiance of murdered Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, has renewed her calls for the prospective Saudi takeover of Newcastle United to be stopped.
In a statement released to the media welcoming the UK's move on Monday to sanction 20 Saudi individuals for human rights abuses, Ms Cengiz said the inner circle of the Saudi state was now 'on trial'.
She said: "The inner-circle of the Crown Prince is now on trial for murder in Turkey and under new sanctions in the UK, including Saudi-Al-Qahtani, who has also been implicated by the World Trade Organisation as a senior official involved in the criminal piracy of Premier League and BeIN sports broadcasts.
"Considering all these facts, the UK government and the Premier League must not allow the takeover of Newcastle United by the Saudi Public Investment Fund."
The takeover bid is awaiting the Premier League's formal approval before it can be concluded.
Richard Masters, the Premier League chief executive, said in an appearance before the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee last week he hoped the process would "conclude shortly".
Saudi Arabia's leader, Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Salman, has been accused of sanctioning the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. He has denied the allegations.
There have also been accusations of breaching international piracy laws by having links to BeoutQ, who broadcasted Premier League matches. Those allegations were also denied.
Newcastle United has been the subject of several reported takeover bids.
Current owner Mike Ashley has been at the helm since 2007.