- Tyne Tees
- 4 updates
Holidaymakers who returned home from Bulgaria with severe food poisoning have been awarded thousands of pounds in compensation.
Nearly three hundred tourists, including a family in Gateshead, suffered sickness at the Royal Park Hotel in the popular Bourgas region four years ago.
Now the tour operator First Choice has agreed to pay out more than half a million pounds to the victims.
Watch the full report from Ben Chapman below.
Nearly three hundred holidaymakers, including a family from Gateshead, have won compensation after they became seriously ill on holiday.
They developed severe sickness and diarrhoea at the Royal Park Hotel in Bulgaria four years ago.
The tour operator First Choice has agreed to pay out more than half a million pounds to victims.
The Skee family say the hotel was dirty and had poor standards of food hygiene.
Holidaymakers left devastated after their 4-star Bulgarian holidays were ruined by illness have won their battle for compensation. Sandra and Mick Skee from Gateshead, were one of a number from our region to suffer serious stomach problems during their stay at the Royal Park hotel in 2008.
Four years on they have finally won their legal battle with tour operator First Choice.