- Tyne Tees
- 4 updates
A man has died after being hit by a train in County Durham.
British Transport Police and emergency services were called to Croxdale Viaduct, Sunderland Bridge at around 5.45am this morning, September 3rd, following a report of a person struck by a train.
Police are currently working to identify the man and inform his family.
Train delays on CrossCountry, First Transpennine Express, Northern Rail and Virgin Trains East Coast between Newcastle and Darlington have reduced from 90 to 30 minutes.
Disruptions occurred as emergency services and the British Transport Police dealt with an incident at Durham at around 6am this morning, September 3rd.
- Read more: Routes affected
There are currently delays of up to one hour on CrossCountry, First Transpennine Express, Northern Rail and Virgin Trains East Coast between Newcastle and Darlington due to emergency services dealing with an incident at Durham.
- CrossCountry between Newcastle and Plymouth / Southampton Central
- First TransPennine Express between Newcastle and Liverpool Lime Street
- Northern Rail between Newcastle and Saltburn
- Virgin Trains East Coast between Edinburgh and London Kings Cross
To check your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner.