North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service attended a domestic property fire in York yesterday involving a female occupier who was in her kitchen and whilst de-canting petrol from one container to another the petrol ignited and set fire to her clothing.
The casualty was treated by ambulance personnel and was taken to Pinderfields Hospital with 40% burns to her whole body.
2 firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish a small fire in the kitchen and removed the remaining petrol.
More top news
Our blast of winter continues with wintry showers and risk of ice
The business was formed when CYBG bought Virgin Money in 2018.
Public Health England (PHE) has issued advice to help limit the spread of coronavirus.