A woman from York who was badly burned after petrol ignited as she transferred it between containers in her kitchen remains critically ill in hospital. Diane Hill, was in the kitchen near a gas cooker when she was engulfed by flames - leaving her with 40 per cent burns.
More top news
Exclusive: Police have arrested 11 people suspected of being involved in County Lines drug dealing during dawn raids in Northumberland
Two men have appeared in court after a family reported being threatened with a Samurai sword in Gateshead.
Jessie Joe Jacobs will be taking on incumbent Ben Houchen in the contest.