Ten projects in the North East have received a share of £88,028 awarded by the Big Lottery Fund.
The organisations have secured grants ranging from £300 to £10,000 through Awards For All funding.
Witton Gilbert Primary School in County Durham received £10,000 to install play equipment in the school grounds.
Show Racism The Red Card will spend its £3,970 award on workshops for young people in the region to enable them to have a DNA world match test carried out, to identify their ancestry.
Northern Butterflies, in Tynemouth will use £9,390 to deliver a series of arts sessions to a wide variety of community groups.
Funding was also approved for:
- North East Dance Community Interest Company in Sunderland
- Community Link North Tyneside CIC
- Aapna Services in Middlesbrough
- Women's Institute Middleton St George
- Durham Gilesgate Primary School
- The Cornforth Partnership
- Horden Youth and Community Centre