Balloons have been released at Seaton Carew in Hartlepool to honour the life of toddler Jacob Jenkins.
The two-year-old spent five days in a coma after choking on a grape at a Pizza Hut restaurant.
His life support machine at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle was switched off last night.
Honestly so proud to be from hartlepool at times like this ... Thoughts are with Baby Jacob and his family ?????? http://t.co/AX42ofX5SU
Thousands of people have voted for a plane to be named after two-year-old Jacob Jenkins, who died after choking on a grape.
After the tragic death of toddler Jacob Jenkins, take a look at NHS guidance on what to do if a child is choking.
Hundreds of people lined the streets of Hartlepool today to pay their respects to Jacob Jenkins.