The parents of a toddler who died after choking on a grape have issued a warning to other families in the hope it will help save lives.
Two-year-old Jacob Jenkins had been in the local Pizza Hut with his mother Abigail Wilson and father David Jenkins when the piece of fruit became lodged in Jacob's throat.
Despite them both being first aid-trained, the couple were unable to clear the obstruction and Jacob died later in hospital.
The tragic news prompted a huge reaction in the town, with a seafront vigil taking place and more than £20,000 being raised online.
Hundreds of mourners also lined the streets for the toddler's funeral.
Abigail Wilson has now spoken out about what happened and has urged parents to make sure they cut up their children's food.
We want other parents to know the dangers and to try to help avoid anyone else having to go through what we have - it has been completely devastating.
It is important that mums and dads cut up food for their little ones so it's small enough to swallow without getting stuck".
Abigail Wilson said it was really important that parents give their children their full attention as they eat to avoid another tragedy.
She also thanked the people of Hartlepool for their "incredible" support.
Thousands of people have voted for a plane to be named after two-year-old Jacob Jenkins, who died after choking on a grape.
After the tragic death of toddler Jacob Jenkins, take a look at NHS guidance on what to do if a child is choking.
Hundreds of people lined the streets of Hartlepool today to pay their respects to Jacob Jenkins.