Double-decker bus catches fire with passengers inside

A double-decker bus has caught on fire in County Durham with passengers on board.

The Go North-East service was carrying six people when the fire broke out on A692 at Dipton. No one was injured.

View all 5 updates ›

Bus fire eyewitness: 'there was petrol exploding out'

An eyewitness to a bus catching fire in County Durham has told ITV News Tyne Tees there were passengers still on board when there was smoke coming from the vehicle.

Everyone was taken off the bus by the time two fire crews arrived and no one is thought to have been injured.

  • Footage courtesy of Rebecca McDonald & James Purvis

More top news