The man leading the investigation into the disappearance of York chef Claudia Lawrence, almost seven years ago, says it has been compromised by people refusing to help the police.
Detectives believe Claudia was murdered.
Last night it was revealed the Crown Prosecution Service has decided not to bring charges against four men arrested last year.
Police say they won't give up on finding answers.
Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn:
More top news
Police have said they received a report that a 30-year-old man had been assaulted inside a property on Hallside Road early this morning.
The teenager appeared in the dock at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court this morning. He will next appear at Crown Court on Wednesday.
ITV Tyne Tees had exclusive access to Danika Cross' transplant journey every step of the way, including the operation. This is her story.