Parents on Teesside are being reminded of some simple steps to help keep their babies safe every time they go to sleep.
Advice is being issued as part of Safer Sleep week, organised by the Lullaby Trust.
They want to make sure that ALL parents and carers are aware of how to reduce the chance of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Make sure your baby is on their back
- Use a firm, flat, waterproof mattress that is in good condition
- Place your baby in a separate cot in the same room as you for the first six months.
- Keep your baby smoke free during pregnancy and after birth
- Make sure that you take them out of the car seat after finishing your journey.
For more information view the Safer Sleep for Babies animation