Indian restaurant owner guilty of killing peanut allergy sufferer with curry

Mohammed Zaman, 52, used cheaper groundnut mix - which contained peanuts - rather than almond powder as a way of cutting costs.

But he failed to warn customers and Paul Wilson, 38, who suffered from a severe peanut allergy died after eating a takeaway from Zaman's restaurant.

Zaman was convicted of Wilson's manslaughter by gross negligence and six food safety offences at Teesside Crown Court.

View all 4 updates ›

Restaurant owner sentenced to six years for manslaughter of customer

Mohammed Zaman outside court Credit: PA

A restaurant owner has been jailed for 6 years for the manslaughter of a customer who died from a peanut allergy after eating a curry from his restaurant.

Indian restaurant owner Mohammed Zaman failed to inform customer Paul Wilson that the curry used mixed nut powder.

More top news