This weekend Transformers was filmed this weekend in Northumberland and in the centre of Newcastle.
There have been lots of films and TV series shot in our region.
Most just spend a few days shooting scenes for a movie but some spend months in the North East with crews and extras shooting whole series.
Here are just a few - can you think of any more?
- BFG - Filmed at Bamburgh Castle
- Macbeth starring Michael Fassbender - filmed at Bamburgh Castle
- Harry Potter (of course!) - Filmed at Alnwick Castle
- Transformers - Filmed in Newcastle and at Bamburgh
- Downton Abbey - Filmed in Northumberland
- The Railway Man starring Colin Firth - Filmed in Berwick
- Sherlock Holmes - Filmed at Darlington train station
- Atonement - Filmed on Redcar beach
- Vera - Filmed in and around North Shields and Tynemouth
- i Daniel Blake - Filmed in the North East
More top news
"I would personally like to thank the local community for their amazing donations of food, toiletries and clothing. "
Owners John and Irene Hays say there is ''light at the end of the tunnel'', after the pandemic forced them to close 650 UK stores.
There has been resistance to calls to dismantle memorials to the explorer.