650 bus drivers in the north east have suspended their week’s strike action due to start on Sunday 16th of December while they vote on a new revised pay offer.
Unite, Britain and Ireland’s largest union, said that a new pay offer had been made by Arriva Durham County Ltd, after three days of talks this week.
The drivers, based at Darlington, Durham, Redcar, Stockton and Whitby, will vote on the offer in the next few days and, in the meantime, the week-long strike action due to start at 00.01 tomorrow has been suspended.
Unite regional officer Bob Bolam said: “We have had three days of intensive talks with the management and have now reached a stage where a revised pay offer can be put to our members.
“We will not be discussing the details of the revised offer until our members have had an opportunity to consider and vote on it. We expect that to happen in the next few days.
“In the meantime, the strike action, due to have started tomorrow has been suspended and our members are currently working normally.”