Among the reforms to Whitehall departments which are expected to be unveiled by Cabinet Office minster Francis Maude today are:
- Perks such as free holidays axed
- End to clothing allowances
- Departments more concentrated on delivering Government policy
- Flexible working arrangements under review
- Rights reviewed for having time off for the Queen’s Birthday
More top news
All of her jewellery is said to have been taken in the raid on Friday night after she left the country for her Christmas holiday.
The first day of a major new train timetable overhaul was hit by disruption as rail commuters were warned to check their journey details.
German railway operator Deutsche Bahn claimed the climate activist in fact had a seat in first class.