Emergency services were sent to the Shard - days before its official opening - after a cradle got stuck in a precarious position on the 72nd floor.
Ten firefighters attended the scene in central London after reports of the cradle on the outside of the building becoming unsafe.
On-site engineers fixed the problem. An ambulance was on standby at the bottom of the 309.6 metre (1,015ft) high building.
London Fire Brigade, which sent a fire engine and fire rescue unit to the Shard, said on Twitter: "On site engineers at the #Shard have made the cradle safe".
The Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe will be opened by Qatar's prime minister and the Duke of York on Thursday.
More top news
The speech and fireworks at Mount Rushmore came against the backdrop of the coronavirus pandemic.
England’s “Super Saturday” leads most Saturday papers.
Around 50 people took part in the procession in London.