- Eight new genetic links to osteoarthritis have been uncovered that could help scientists develop better treatments for the disease.
- Previously, only three genetic variants associated with osteoarthritis were known.
- Yet inherited factors are believed to contribute to 60% of differences in the risk of suffering the disease.
- Osteoarthritis, progressive damage to the joints caused by general wear and tear or injury, can result in debilitating levels of stiffness and pain.
- It affects around 40% of people over the age of 70.
More top news
The study said accents from Liverpool and Newcastle still maintained their distinction.
The move follows Donald Trump signing the Hong Kong Autonomy Act into law on Tuesday.
The footage was filed last week by an lawyer seeking to have charges dismissed against one of the police officers arrested of Mr Floyd’s dea