- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Health officials have warned people in the US and Canada not to eat romaine lettuce after an outbreak of food poisoning.
More teenagers gamble than smoke, drink alcohol, or take drugs.
It betters the £220 million she earned last year when she was recognised as the UK’s highest paid director.