- Last year, drivers aged between 20 and 24 failed more breath tests than any other age group.
- It is provisionally estimated that 2011 saw 280 deaths, 1290 serious injuries and 9,990 total casualties directly related to drink driving incidents.
- In 2010 there were around 410 pedestrian casualties and 90 pedal cyclist casualties in accidents with a driver over the legal alcohol limit.
- Those aged between 17-24 are more likely to have a drink driving related accident per mile driven.
- ACPO’s Christmas campaign runs from 1 December 2012 to 1 January 2013
More top news
The order applies to two projects to replace 51 miles of fence in two areas on the Mexican border.
The end of May fills the front pages.
The national newspapers also consider what should come next for Britain.