- Last year, drivers aged between 20 and 24 failed more breath tests than any other age group.
- It is provisionally estimated that 2011 saw 280 deaths, 1290 serious injuries and 9,990 total casualties directly related to drink driving incidents.
- In 2010 there were around 410 pedestrian casualties and 90 pedal cyclist casualties in accidents with a driver over the legal alcohol limit.
- Those aged between 17-24 are more likely to have a drink driving related accident per mile driven.
- ACPO’s Christmas campaign runs from 1 December 2012 to 1 January 2013
More top news
The Democratic presidential candidate may also have shown his cards on his choice of running mate.
The US president also shared a post on Twitter accusing Dr Anthony Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.
Fears over an impending second wave of coronavirus dominates Wednesday’s front pages.