- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
The strike is part of an ongoing dispute over guards on trains.
The Saudi government has denied the claim.
The vessel disappeared in November 2017 with 44 crewmen aboard.