- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee has produced its final report.
Scott Morrison did not identify the state behind what he described as a “malicious intrusion”.
The MP died at the age of 84 on Sunday.