- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Summer returns in time for the weekend
As anti-government protests continue in Hong Kong, the Foreign Office has updated its travel advice for people travelling there.
The Irish backstop presents a unique and complex conundrum for Brexit, Peter Smith writes.