- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
The Duke of Sussex has said he is 'taking a leap of faith' in stepping back from his life as a member of the royal family.
Freezing & frosty with some thick fog forming
Police were called to a fire in Ffair Rhos village in Ceredigion, western Wales, in the early hours of Sunday.