- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Several people are thought to have been hurt and the suspect has been wounded.
Hashem Abedi’s trial, which was due to start next month, was also delayed until the New Year.
All UK flights to the Red Sea resort have been banned since November 2015 following the bombing of a Russian airliner.