First Great Western is advising passengers not to attempt to travel West of Tiverton in either direction, as wet weather continues to disrupt rail services across the UK. Flooding and landslips continue to affect the following areas:
- Trains continue to be unable to operate between Tiverton Parkway Station and Exeter St Davids.
- The line between Exeter St Davids and Tiverton is expected to remain closed until at least 28th December.
- Services between Par and Newquay are also suspended in both directions with very limited road transport available. The line will not reopen today.
- Services between Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple are suspended in both directions, with very limited road transport available.
- Services between Liskeard and Looe are suspended in both directions with limited road transport operating between Liskead and Looe only.
- Services between Swindon and Bristol Parkway are suspended in both directions.
More top news
The chief executive had been with Sainsbury’s for 15 years and been instrumental in making big purchases including Argos and Habitat.
A marathon session of nearly 13 hours ended near 2am local time.
The latest on Donald Trump in Davos and the hacking of one of the world’s richest men dominates the front pages.