There are still a number of routes affected by flooding this morning - according to National Rail:
- CrossCountry, East Midlands Trains, First Great Western and First TransPennine Express are all experiencing major delays
- No trains running between Bristol Parkway and Swindon because of flooding, services between Paddington and Swansea will be diverted, with journey times extended up to 45 minutes
- Trains will not run between Exeter St Davids and Tiverton Parkway until Friday at the earliest, with replacement buses and diverted routes offering passengers some alternatives
- London Midland is also facing disruption on most of its routes today - this time because of a shortage of train crew
- Flooding near Long Eaton means services between Derby and Nottingham are suspended
- A landslip is affecting journeys between Liverpool and Manchester
More top news
His proposal has been knocked back by the Liberal Democrats and senior pro-Remain Tories.
Bright and breezy with occasional brisk showers
Dominic Grieve lambasted the PM’s ‘tub-thumping populism’ which he said had led ‘straightforwardly’ to the death threats he has received.