- Police entered a residence in Aurora, Colorado, after several hours of failed negotiations with the gunman, who had barricaded himself inside.
- The gunman fired shots at police from a second-storey window before he was killed as SWAT officers stormed the building. It is not yet known if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.
- Inside the building officers found three other people shot dead.
- One person inside had escaped and alerted authorities.
- Officials notified neighbours of an emergency around 3:00am local time (10:00am GMT) and evacuated several blocks, Aurora police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson told KUSA-TV.
The fatal shootings in Aurora come six months after a man shot dead 12 people and wounded 58 more at a cinema in the city.
More top news
It is projected that the airline’s cash flow would drop to ‘critical levels’ by the middle of next month without an injection of cash.
The British socialite is known to have been an ex-girlfriend of billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
The 40-year-old Love Island presenter, who killed herself in February weeks before she was due to stand trial, urged people to ‘be kind’.